- Electronically filing your name reservation for $45 has the advantage of immediately reserving your name so no other customer can take it. However, if you do not need to expedite your name filing, you can also reserve your name by filling out the application for reservation of an entity name for $10 and mail it to either our Phoenix or Tucson office or you can come into either office and file the form for $10. The address for our Phoenix office is: Arizona Corporation Commission, Corporations Division, 1300 W. Washington, Phoenix, AZ 85007 and for Tucson the address is: 400 W. Congress #221 Tucson AZ 85701.
- Enter the full and complete name you wish to reserve below, including any corporate identifiers. Corporate identifiers are words such as "Corporation", "Incorporated", or "Association". For a complete list of corporate identifiers, please refer to the Arizona Corporation Commission Naming Standards.
- Choose one of the entity types listed. If you choose OTHER, you will be presented a new page with an expanded list of choices in the form of a drop-down list.
- Click on the Check Name Availability button. One of following four events will occur:
- If the name you enter is available, you will be given an opportunity to reserve the name
for a period of 120 days at a cost of $45.00 ($10 filing fee plus $35 expedite fee). Method of payment is Visa, Mastercard, or American Express only. Electronic check or pre-established MOD account is not available.
- If the name you enter is not available you will see a list of the conflicting names with
links so that you may view the detailed information about those entities.
- If the name you enter does not meet statutory requirements for the type of entity you have chosen, you will receive a message to that effect.
- For all other issues a self-explanatory error message will be displayed.
- All Regular filing fees, Expedite and Electronic filing fees are NON REFUNDABLE pursuant to A.R.S §§10-122, 10-2020, 10-2079, 10-2145, 10-3122 & §29-851. Expedite fees (or any other filing fees) paid for a filing cannot be re-applied to any other subsequent filing.
- Special Instructions:
- In general, most business corporations are required to contain "Association", "Company", "Corporation", "Limited",
"Incorporated", or an abbreviation of one of these words in their name. Please refer to A.R.S. 10-401 for detailed information.
- Limited Liability Companies are generally required to have the words "Limited Liability Company", "Limited Company",
or the abbreviations "L.L.C." or "L.C." in their names. Furthermore, LLCs are not allowed to have
the words "Association", "Corporation", or "Incorporated" or abbreviations of these words in their names. Please refer to A.R.S. 29-602 for detailed information.
- Professional Corporations and LLCs are also generally required to have the word "Professional" (or an abbreviation) in their names. Please refer to A.R.S. 10-2215 or A.R.S. 29-845 for detailed information.
- Requirements associated with other business entity name requirements can be found in Title 10 and Title 29.
- On-line reservations will take precedence over all other documents filed on paper and submitted by mail, fax or over-the-counter
Please be sure to read these instructions regarding Internet Explorer, Adobe Acrobat, and other special software requirements before attempting to reserve a name.